Light, compact, high-pressure systems
The swivel stack is the heart of the turret, mooring, and fluid transfer system. Reliability, safety, and flexibility are of key importance in securing maximum uptime for the FSO or FPSO facility.
Swivels ensure that all fluids (liquids and gas), controls, and power are transferred safely from the geostationary components (wells, flowlines, manifolds, risers) to the rotating vessel and its processing plant, under all environmental conditions.
Features and benefits
- Very compact and light, requiring minimum space and structural support
- Compatible with any turret and any FPSO
- Extremely high pressure capability (up to 520 bars)
- Very large throughput capacity
- Enhanced safety and reliability, with continuous monitoring of the swivel stack system condition
- “Green light philosophy” confirming system availability before startup and during all phases of the operation
- Independent of process fluid and operating pressures
- Optimal seal operating conditions independent of pressure and temperature
- Standardized sealing and bearing system to facilitate availability of spares
- Double sealing between individual swivels and four dynamic seals between the process and the environment
- No internal piping or flanges through use of channels in solid core
- Capable of being installed in a single lift onto the FPSO