The FLS-R™ gate valve is Cameron’s premier gate valve that utilizes the latest technology in component design and materials. The FLS-R has a unique ball-screw and lower balancing stem mechanism that greatly reduce the torque required for operation. Field-proven performance, combined with ease of use, makes this valve ideally suited for large-bore/high-pressure environments in production, manifold, and fracturing applications.
Design Features and Benefits
- Based on our proven FLS™ gate and seat design
- Simple, reliable gate and seat design promotes ease of field service and minimal spare parts inventory
- Annex F tested to API Temperature Class P + U (-20° F to 350° F, or -29° C to 177° C)
- Unique ball-screw design allows for rolling friction in place of sliding friction
- Bi-directional design provides flow direction versatility and increased service life
- Seal diameters and bearing areas of the seats are designed to prevent trapping of pressure inside the valve cavity
- Lower stem balances pressure thrust on upper stem to reduce operating torque, which prevents body cavity pressure buildup during operation and provides position indication
- Metal-to-metal stem backseat on both the balancing stem and valve operator stem permits replacement of either stem seal with the valve cavity under pressure
- The backseat can be energized to isolate the stem seal stuffing box from line pressure and the grease fitting port used to test the backseat integrity
- Two spring-loaded, pressure-energized, non-elastomeric lip seals provide maximum protection against intrusion of particle contaminants into the valve cavity
- Seals also improve gate and seat service life, prevent damage to the body seat seal face, and improve valve performance at very low pressures
- Metal-to-metal sealing at the gate-to-seat and seat-to-body seals
- Forged body
Slab-Style Gate Valve Availability
|Nominal Bore Size |
|Working Pressure: 2000 psi (13.8 MPa)||Working Pressure: 3000 psi (20.7 MPa)||Working Pressure: 5000 psi (34.5 MPa)||Working Pressure: 10,000 psi (69.0 MPa)||Working Pressure: 15,000 psi (103.5 MPa)||Working Presure: 20,000 psi (138.0 MPa)||Working Pressure: 30,000 psi (a) (206.8 MPa)|
| 1-13/16 || - || - || - ||FLS||FLS||FLS||FLS/FLS-R (b)|
| 2-1/16 || FL/FLS || FL/FLS || FL/FLS ||FLS||FLS||FLS||-|
| 2-9/16 || FL/FLS || FL/FLS || FL/FLS ||FLS||FLS||FLS||FLS/FLS-R (b)|
| 3-1/16 ||-||-||-||FLS||FLS||FLS/FLS-R (b)||-|
| 3-1/8 || FL/FLS || FL/FLS || FL/FLS ||-||-||-||-|
| 4-1/16 ||-||-||-||FLS||FLS/FLS-R||FLS/FLS-R (b)||-|
| 4-1/8 || FL/FLS || FL/FLS || FL/FLS ||-||-||-||-|
| 5-1/8 ||FLS||FLS||FLS||FLS/FLS-R (b)||FLS/FLS-R (b)||-||-|
| 6-3/8 ||FLS||FLS||FLS||FLS/FLS-R (b)||FLS/FLS-R (b)||-||-|
| 7-1/16 ||-||-||FLS||FLS/FLS-R (b)||FLS/FLS-R (b)||-||-|
| 9 ||-||-||FLS/FLS-R||FLS/FLS-R (b)||FLS/FLS-R (b)||-||-|
| 11 ||-||-||FLS/FLS-R (b)||-||-||-||- |
FL™ and FLS gate valves may be manual or actuated unless otherwise noted.
(a) This is a working pressure not currently covered in API 6A.
(b) FLS gate valves for this size/pressure combination are power actuated.
For FL, FLS, and FLS-R gate valves, this chart represents typical valves for API material classes AA, BB, CC, DD, EE, FF, and HH (except FL); temperature ratings K, L, P, S, T, U, and V; and product specification levels 1, 2, 3, 3G, and 4. For other designs, please contact your Cameron representative.