- Related Products
The Mark IV compact subsea MUX control pod—featuring an industry-first design with three points of distribution (PODs)—improves operational availability of the drilling system through redundancy and improves reliability through simplified POD design. Conventional subsea BOP control systems use a two-POD design, providing a single spare if the primary control POD becomes unavailable. The Mark IV pod system’s third POD provides additional redundancy, which eliminates the need to pull the stack if one POD fails. It can also improve the subsea control system’s availability to as much as 98%, and reduce the likelihood of a POD-related stack pull by up to 73%.
The Mark IV pod's simplified design increases reliability and functionality in a smaller footprint. Designed with 50% fewer tubing connections, the potential for leak paths is reduced, and the addition of redundant solenoid pilot regulators means they are no longer a single point of failure within the POD.
- Three-POD option, each with 160 functions to accommodate eight-cavity stacks
- Reduction of 50% in internal tubing to reduce leak paths
- Subplate-mounted valves for improved reliability
- Tungsten carbide seals on small valves for improved reliability
- Pressure-compensated regulator pilot accumulators that automatically adjust
- Dimensions: 46 in × 49 in × 14.5 in
- Weight: 23,000 lbm
- Compliance with API 16D/53, DNV Drill, and ABS CDS requirements