Utilizing a hand pump with various control components, a zero-leakage circuit is maintained to ensure valve movement does not inadvertently occur until a fail-safe signal is received. Controls are typically pilot tripped, but solenoids also can be utilized for remote control where electricity is available. The control must be manually reset after a fail-safe operation has occurred.
To Open: Set arming valve to ready position and operate hand pump until actuator has reached full open position. For remote option, solenoid valve also must be energized prior to hand pumping. For automatic option, a normal sensing pressure also must be available to pilot valve prior to hand pumping.
To Close: For local operation, manually trip arming valve to fail position. For remote option, de-energizing solenoid valve will trip arming valve to fail position. For automatic option, any abnormal increase or decrease of pilot sensing pressure will trip arming valve to fail position.
- Manifold design subplate provides a robust foundation for integration of all standard and optional control system components.
- Subplate and control components are constructed of corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum with stainless steel internals.
- Oil reservoir is a rugged fabrication of stainless steel to withstand harsh working environments and provide a corrosion-free environment for the fluid.
- Hand pump available in 5000 psig (345 barg) output pressure models to minimize actuator sizing and reduce necessary fluid capacities.
- Manual arming valve arms the system and provides quick fail-safe manual response in the event of an emergency.
- Bright red-colored handle on manual arming valve provides highly visible local verification of system status being armed or tripped.
- Dual filtration within hydraulic circuit ensures only contaminant-free hydraulic fluid is moving within the system to extend zero-leak performance.
- Reduced pressure control system provides access to a broad range of low-pressure, zero-leakage control options (e.g., pilot valves, low-wattage solenoids, fusible plugs, etc.).
- Temperature compensation of a high-pressure actuator circuit and a low-pressure control circuit is accomplished with two separate accumulators. This assures system stability by reducing relief valve operation and eliminating valve creep due to extreme temperature changes.
- Overpressure protection of a high-pressure actuator circuit and a low-pressure control circuit is provided with two separately designated relief valves. This isolates the relief valve operation to abnormally excessive pressure, which reduces potential leak points that result in valve drift.
- Seal material is selected to exceed ambient conditions of the end destination to assure zero-leakage integrity throughout a range of -50º F to 212º F (-46º C to 100º C).
- Stainless steel pressure gauges with dual-scale indication ensures easy verification of high- and low-pressure circuit operating pressure.
- Liquid level gauge easily confirms proper operating level of hydraulic fluid in oil reservoir.
- Manifold porting provides spring return actuators with a closed-loop exhaust circuit to eliminate detrimental effects of airborne contaminants entering the actuator cylinder.