Inject low-dose inhibitors effectively
The PULSE LF low-flow ultrasonic chemical injection metering valve (CIMV) is designed for injection of low-dose inhibitors (e.g., for wax, scale, corrosion) and uses an ultrasonic flowmeter and a precision needle valve in closed-loop or open-loop position control. It has been engineered to handle flow rates from 0.07 galUS/h to 159 galUS/h [0.25 L/h to 600 L/h] and it is retrievable by an ROV, whether mounted in a horizontal or vertical orientation.
Obtain accurate measurement with debris-tolerant, nonintrusive flowmeter
The PULSE LF CIMV uses a debris-tolerant, microbore, nonintrusive, line-of-sight ultrasonic flowmeter that has no moving parts. Unlike a Venturi type flowmeter, it is pressure independent and has a very low native pressure drop. The flowmeter provides consistent accuracy (better than 2%) and a very large turndown ratio (up to 2,400:1).
Precisely regulate flow
A precision needle valve regulates the flow of the chemical through the system. The needle has an equal percentage flow curve, providing exceptional control over a very large flow range. It is operated by an electric actuator, which provides very fine system adjustment, controlled by the feedback from the ultrasonic flowmeter via the onboard closed-loop control algorithm.
- ROV-retrievable, self-regulating metering valve for injection of chemicals such as corrosion, scale, and wax inhibitors and low-dosage hydrate inhibitors (LDHIs)
- Flow range 0.07 galUS/h to 159 galUS/h [0.25 L/h to 600 L/h]
- Microbore, nonintrusive ultrasonic flowmeter
- Accuracy better than ±2% of reading for all flow rates greater than 2 L/h
- Maximum working pressure 10,000 psi [690 bar] and 15,000 psi [1,034 bar]
- Maximum water depth 13,123 ft [4,000 m]
- Insert weight 150 lbm [68 kg] in water
- Horizontal or vertical mounting on tree/manifold
- CANbus, CiA443, or Modbus communication
- Redundant flow measurement system
- Onboard control and diagnostics
The Cameron ultrasonic flowmeter provides consistent high accuracy of reading and reliably meters chemical inhibitor flow rate without the need for subsea filtration.
Visit Ultrasonic Flowmeter page
Videos & animations
PULSE LF Low-Flow Ultrasonic CIMV Overview
PULSE LF Low-Flow Ultrasonic Chemical Injection Metering Valve: Vertical Intervention
PULSE LF Low-Flow Ultrasonic Chemical Injection Metering Valve: Horizontal Intervention
PULSE LF Low-Flow Ultrasonic Chemical Injection Metering Valve: Closed Loop Control
PULSE LF Low-Flow Ultrasonic Chemical Injection Metering Valve: Secondary Flow Indication
PULSE LF Low-Flow Ultrasonic Chemical Injection Metering Valve: Ultrasonic and Electronic Control Modules