- Related Products
The term double block-and-bleed (DBB) has been an ongoing debate in the oil and gas industry, mainly because there are two credible sources that define the term differently. Basically, the difference is that API allows DBB to be one single valve with two unidirectional seats, while OSHA requires a DBB valve to be two individual valves in the same unit.
In one compact design, the TBV Series 5500 double block-and-bleed (dbb) ball valve provides the two individual isolation valves required by OSHA.
DIB and DBB valves:
- Save space
- Reduce the need for costly multi-valve systems
- Reduce weight
- Provide zero leakage capabilities from upstream to downstream
- Allow for easier flow diverting, sampling, or injection situations
- Allow for easier maintenance, especially for minor repairs under pressure
- Allow for integrity check of seat seals
Features and Benefits
- Instrument and pipeline valves
- 1/2” to 3” (15 mm to 80 mm)
- Pressure Classes ASME 150 to 1500
- Fire-safe design available according to API 607 6th Ed.
- Stem design per API 608
- Flange-to-flange or flange-to-pipe connections available
- Various sealing materials available, including PTFE-to-metal
- Standard Materials of Construction*
- WCB Carbon Steel
- 316 Stainless Steel